Life as an engaged woman

Since I got engaged just 2 months ago, I've had a lot going on with planning. I am trying to get as much done now so I wont have to worry about it later. Since I'm never home, it makes it hard to really do a whole lot, so Ive been turning to online shopping. So far Ive gotten customized cocktail napkins, coaster favors, customized fans for the outdoor ceremony, and a floor monogram. I'm sticking with a green/grey/cream color scheme. It sounds weird at first, but its actually really pretty when you see it all together. I'm trying to do a lot of do-it-yourself projects. I was thinking about handmade paper flowers pomanders for the ceremony, although I think that would be a great project to pass off to my future mother in law. She loves working with flowers and it will lighten the load off of me.
I recently went and visited my family and we went dress shopping. After quite a few try-ons, I wasn't feeling any of the dresses and was ready to call it quits. I had only gone dress shopping once before with my wedding party and I felt the exact same way. One of the dresses I tried on my family all agreed that they loved. I kept trying others on, but they wanted me to look at it again. I did, and they talked me into buying it. I think the only reason I agreed was because it was on clearance and 50% off on top of that. My regularly $800 dress was marked down to $200. My dad also agreed to buy it for me if I would commit. I liked the dress but I definitely wasn't in love with it. I was ready to just leave the store.
Did I make the right decision? I was always told that I would know if if I found the dress; some people even cry during that moment, but I didn't have that feeling at all. I immediately started regretting my decision and my dad comforted me that I could keep looking and if I found a dress I loved I could always buy another. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I want to love the way I look on my wedding day and I think I will keep looking. I was told I was just being to critical of myself and I probably wouldn't settle on any dress. That might be the case, but I still think I would get a little more excited about my wedding dress than I felt that day we bought the one my family loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 45 President's of the United States Song!

Last Name Banner

TOP: The Organic Project