Happy birthday hubby!

Yesterday was the hubbys birthday and I knew I had to make it special!  His day started with breakfast in bed of an egg muffin (we're on a diet so I couldn't go too overboard)! Then when he got up he had a surprise: 24 balloons for 24 years and a man bouquet!

The man bouquet was a cool idea I found on pinterest. You arrange a bunch of manly things to look like a bouquet. I added lottery tickets, mini bottles, hot sauce, his favorite crackers and little debbies, a dart gun, and beef jerky. I thought about adding cigars but didn't have time. He loved it and thought it was awesome. The balloons were much more difficult to pull off since I had to find a time I wasn't with him to go get them blown up. Then trying to get 24 balloons home in your car is pretty difficult! They were stored in our upstairs closet for a few days so a couple were a little deflated the day of his birthday.

Later that day I took him to get a massage. Although, ladies, always have a woman do your man's massage. I picked a Man for him due to my own preferences and it was a little awkward for him! Haha.

While he was getting his massage I was supposed to be picking up the special order cake I ordered from Wal-Mart. Bad choice. I called in the order on Wednesday and they called to confirm on Thursday. However, when I arrived for pick up on Friday there was no cake. Unfortunately the bakery was closed so a deli person was searching for it. They tried to call management but they never showed up to assist. I was so mad I finally just picked up a generic cake, but of course no one was there to write happy birthday on it for me! I guess that was the one birthday fail of the day... I was late picking him up from his massage and I got soaked in the rain on my way to the car.

Oh but then we had a terrible thunderstorm and tornado watch that night that caused a lot of our friends to skip out on his birthday dinner. We only had one person show up so I guess it's better I got a smaller cake!  We still enjoyed our awesome bbq dinner at the pit and went out for drinks after. Although, we didn't stay out very late due to the storm I still think it was a pretty successful birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 45 President's of the United States Song!

Last Name Banner

TOP: The Organic Project