Books to Read - Divergent

Ok, I’ll admit it. I am a huge Hunger Games fan. I actually started reading the books way before they got big (like 2 years ago) and I was hurriedly awaiting the third book to be released in Aug of 2010. When other people started mentioning them I always recommended them and got a lot of my coworkers to read them as well. When I heard about the movie I was extremely excited, in fact, I bought presale tickets as soon as they were available and I am really excited about going this Friday!

Needless today, I also enjoyed Harry Potter and I think the alternate or futuristic reality books are definitely my thing. I thought I would go ahead and post some of the books I have been reading or looking at lately so if you are into that kind of genre you can take a look yourself! If you like Hunger Games you will probably like these!



I'll start this post with Divergent! This book may very well be the next Hunger Games, although I’m not sure how the movie version would turn out! The second book in the series, Insurgent, will be coming out on May 1st, 2012! It was a very good read and one of my favorites.



In the future, society has been divided into five factions, or communities, that value a certain character quality – Abnegation (the selfless), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). At the age of 16, children are allowed to choose what society they would like to live in for the rest of their life, but if they choose one other than where they currently live this means leaving behind everything they have ever known and their family. Beatrice chooses to do just that and joins another faction, where she must endure a brutal initiation. She also discovers that unrest and conflict are growing in this seemingly perfect society and she must survive and save those that she loves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 45 President's of the United States Song!

Last Name Banner

TOP: The Organic Project