Not facing unemployment

Wow. After reading this article I am so happy to be employed. It may not be the most glamorous job, getting cussed out by doctors all day, but it is a great job that I found right out of college. In fact, this company has been good to my family. We have great job security and don't face a lot of pressure from our bosses. The company employed both me and my fiancé mere months after we graduated college and we are making a lot more than most recent college grads. In fact, we saw something on TV the other day where someone was changing their whole life to take a job that paid $30,000 a year. The sound affects even added a "cha-ching." We both commented immediately that wouldn't be enough to send us packing! Are we spoiled or what? I didn’t realize it, but we have it really good for just starting out and getting married. We are able to have a beautiful, large wedding that no one in either of our families has even dreamed of. Andy has even been able to pay off one of his student loans within a year of graduating and is expecting to have everything paid off before the wedding in May. I didn’t even realize how lucky we are. We are planning on buying a new (to us, but actually used) car after the wedding when we get back from our honeymoon in Hawaii. No one is my family has even thought about going to Hawaii.
I’m not bragging, I’m just amazed at the blessings God has sent our way. One of my friends just says I’m extremely lucky, but I worked hard to get where I am right now. You can’t wait around for something to fall into your lap. In college I pushed to fund trips and gain scholarships. I applied to research opportunities and internships while others went home for the summer. What you do in college hugely affects your life post-college and most people don’t try hard enough. They don’t do the extra-curricular activities. Even now I am constantly trying to further my knowledge in the workplace by researching and volunteering for extra seminars and experiences. Learning never ends and knowledge definitely IS power.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 45 President's of the United States Song!

Last Name Banner

TOP: The Organic Project